[NAFEX] Manganese in Greensand

Mathew Waehner waehner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:42:29 EDT 2009

*Use manure or ground fish guts.  Soil chemistry is complex.*

I take it you mean "use manure or ground fish guts instead of greensand"  Or
could you possibly mean "use manure to fix the magnesium problem"

I had a bad experience this year with half composted horse manure.  I
believe that some nutrients were in excess and caused deficencies in
others.  I'm going to get some soil tests before cabbage season.

The fruit trees are fine- all they get is a lot of mulch and a little
composted chicken litter.  I think most home orchardists fertilize too much.