[NAFEX] FW: applesauce/ gooseberries

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Mon Jun 22 18:47:00 EDT 2009

From: Terry Kaiser [mailto:tleekaiser at yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 3:24 PM
To: naomi at oznayim.us
Subject: applesauce/ gooseberries

Hi !  I  don't know how to post on nafex so will tell of using gooseberries.
I've 2 kinds, Invicta, and ( I think ) Hinnomaki Red- a crimson highly
flavored berry a bit tart for fresh eating, but adds color and  a "
raspberry" taste to applesauce ( 5 %)  Invicta is not desirable , it has the
familiar strong gooseberry pie taste, better eaten fresh, sweet and mild.
One batch included elderberry juice ( 5 % ?)  Purple effect. Also added
mulberries( thawed) Each seemed to complement the others. Gooseberries,
elderberries. and mulberries produce faithfully so had to try them.  Terry

5