[NAFEX] Gooseberry question

Brungardt, Sam Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Mon Jun 22 11:45:08 EDT 2009

Jim, I generally top and tail them because the finished product, such as
a pie, looks much cleaner than when the shriveled brown blossoms are
included.  I do know some people who don't do this, particularly if they
are preparing a product (such as seedless jam) that will be strained or
pureed.  The stems and tails do not really have much flavor, for me,
it's just a matter of appearance. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.
(USDA Zone 4b)