[NAFEX] Trouble with establishing a kiwi

Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov
Mon Jun 22 10:13:57 EDT 2009

Thanks Alex!  I will check, it is still headed downhill.

Betsy

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |abb7 at Lehigh.EDU                                                                                                                             |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |nafex at lists.ibiblio.org                                                                                                                     |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |06/21/2009 08:41 AM                                                                                                                         |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [NAFEX] Trouble with establishing a kiwi                                                                                                |

If this plant does not recover, dig it out and examine the roots.  If
they are mushy, the plant may have root rot.  The first female kiwi I
ordered started wilting in the pot it came in shortly after delivery.
I lifted it out of the pot, and the roots were black and mushy, not
white and firm like those of the (healthy) male.  The vendor replaced
it right away.

Alex