[NAFEX] recipes wanted: black currant and gooseberry

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Sun Jun 21 12:23:57 EDT 2009

Well that got me going.  I just rooted around in the freezer and found a
quart bag of black currants.  It did not look enough for a pie.  I like
fruit in my fruit pies. But I also found a quart bag of gooseberries.  So a
quart of black currants, a pint of gooseberries, some sugar, pinch of salt,
maybe a teaspoon of cinnamon  and some flour, pilled real high (got scary
near the end) into a pretty good sized pie plate, double crust so it will
cook through.  (The berries are still frozen) A tray underneath it in the
oven.  It will definitely run over, that is how I tell that it is cooked, by
the runover.   I thought about using some orange or lemon rind in it but
decided against that this time.

350 for an hour or so.. till done.

Naomi

from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
 ..... Albert Einstein

  _____