[NAFEX] Trouble with establishing a kiwi

abb7 at Lehigh.EDU abb7 at Lehigh.EDU
Sun Jun 21 08:41:58 EDT 2009

If this plant does not recover, dig it out and examine the roots.  If
they are mushy, the plant may have root rot.  The first female kiwi I
ordered started wilting in the pot it came in shortly after delivery.
I lifted it out of the pot, and the roots were black and mushy, not
white and firm like those of the (healthy) male.  The vendor replaced
it right away.

Alex