[NAFEX] mushroom control, OT of course

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Fri Jun 19 12:26:54 EDT 2009

Kevin,
    I can't believe it.  You are saying that the cops or the govt or someone is so dead set against some teenagers doing something people have always done, that they are requiring fungicides in all the animal feeds???  Is that legal?  Is it safe?  Fungicides as medicine tend to come in two types, wimpy ones and whammo ones that can damage livers.  Would it be a fungistat they are feeding?  I wouldn't know anything about a chemical to simply stop fungus from growing.  Here, they have such good control on the other "natural" drugs that we are one of the really big hot spots in the nation for meth.  I keep meeting people whose kids will probably never be any use to society, they will just keep either making meth or stealing to buy it till they die of the effects.
    I could still spot those kinds of mushrooms, but they just don't grow in TN.  It's really strange that they aren't here.  Once in a while I see a few of the lesser types in a surburban lawn, but none in the fields.  I prefer edible mushrooms anyway that don't make it hard to think straight.  Donna