[NAFEX] leachy phosphate?

Kevin Moore aleguy33 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 11:26:01 EDT 2009

Yes. It is one species (a lesser, but possibly most well known type) of Psilocybe mushroom that is indigenous to the Gulf coast. They don't actually cordon off the cow pastures. they spray them with fungicides and (I'm told) require fungicide in all the cattle feed sold here. The species in question grows on ruminant manures and as far as I know, does not form large mycelial colonies in the soil. There are far more potent species and those are generally Saprophytes that are far less likely to carry pathogenic bacteria such as E. coli, but they are less well know, especially by local law enforcement.
I must say, I know this from talking to local farmers and gardeners, not from taliking to law enforcement. (Such questions are likely to invite some undesirable "quality time" down at the station.)