[NAFEX] weeder geese

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Jun 19 11:10:53 EDT 2009

That's the rub.  You have to get goslings that haven't been exposed to
other geese and essentially "train" them.  You may spend more time
raising and training  the geese than you would have spent weeding.  If
you get adults, they often already have bad habits and they pass those
bad habits to the others in the flock.   Nowadays we use lots of mulch
for weed control and encourage garter snakes to control the slugs.
Much easier to deal with than geese.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :