[NAFEX] tone of posts

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Fri Jun 19 08:34:35 EDT 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 11:44 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:

> My retort that you object to was a slap down of using the thread to
> advance a political agenda. You will notice a pattern, I don't back
> down when people push on me.  Don't push and you won't get shoved
> back.

The problem is, that when people respond to pushing (perceived or
intentional) by snarling, other people perceive the snarl as pushing,
and respond in kind. Things deteriorate from there.

It is quite possible to disagree without snarling. And the fact that
some disagree with you does not necessarily mean that they are
"pushing" at you.

I think you also may not see when your own posts may be understood by
others as "pushing a political agenda". You agree with yourself, of
course, so you see what you're posting as simple truth, not as
politics. Bear in mind that those you see as pushing politics may feel
the same way about their own posts.

(Having promised once already to shut up on this general discussion
thread, I will now go back to trying to keep my word. : )  )

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly