[NAFEX] early pears

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Thu Jun 18 22:12:58 EDT 2009

Richard,  I offered scionwood before I realized where you are.  I'll bet Early Harvest won't bloom that far south, but I have at least 4 vars that will.  I'm not going to use all the low chill stuff, some of it I took one look and saw how far along it was and decided it wouldn't do here.  I've been meaning to ask if anyone in the Deep South would like the 3 "Bartletts" that are low chill, one really is a Bartlett, the other two are considered quite good quality.  I also have Monterrey, Leona, hmm... some others that are considered low chill but probably not low enough.  Ethan might be able to tell you more.  What are avg chill hours in your area?  If you don't know, your co agent probably does.  I think Gainesville is 500 hrs.  Donna