[NAFEX] Alan's comments

fuwa fuwa usagi fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:37:39 EDT 2009

Alan writes:

Extra labor is an input that includes all the
environmental degradation created by extra human beings.

My reply:

I agree and additionally think one of the inputs to consider is the caloric burn rate. Where are you getting the calories to keep the muscle mass on your body needed to perform the labor?  What source is that input from and how organic or sustainable or whatever you are considering is it.

My extra calories comes from soda pop (a horrible source I know), which currently is high fructose corn syrup.  So in my case I am more or less gardening by methods most would consider benign  and hand pulling and suppressing weeds with in part the energy supplied by the agricultural corn industry

tfb