[NAFEX] Nanking Cherry pitter

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Thu Jun 18 10:15:02 EDT 2009

    I have had two successes pitting Nanking Cherries:  I had a plastic
cherry pitter that I didn't mind if it got ruined so I adapted it to pit
Nankings.  I bought some epoxy putty (available in most any hardware store)
and used it to make the pitter hole smaller and had limited success with it.
I know what I could have done better in adapting it but didn't proceed
because I bought a Villaware food strainer with the extra attachments.  I
use the Pumpkin Screen with the Grape Spiral - The screen separates the pulp
from the cherries and the spiral sends the seeds and skins to the end where
they won't mix with the pulp.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472