[NAFEX] Nanking Cherry pitter

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 19:38:23 EDT 2009

I "pit" mine by cooking them slightly and then running the whole mess through a food mill: the stainless steel kind that has a sweeping blade that pushes the food against a screen (I think they are called a Foley Food mill, but I don't mean the kind with a wooden stick to work the fruit through a screened "funnel").  It works well for making jam as the result is a good fruit puree that just needs to be measured into the cooking pot.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB