[NAFEX] How to revive my apple tree (if possible)

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 15 09:40:46 EDT 2009

In a previous post I lamented at the state of my golden russet apple and reliance peach that I planted last year that did not leaf out.  Well, I think the peach has really had it, seems brittle and can't find any green under the bark.  Probably should just get the inevitable over and done with and remove it and plant something else. RIP.

However the apple, while having no leaves is still supple and if you scratch away the bark, it's green underneath.  Does this mean that there is still hope?  If so what can I do to regenerate it?

Any suggestions welcome.

Caren
Slightly depressed in Quebec