[NAFEX] No apples this year

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Sun Jun 14 23:46:05 EDT 2009

Holy Moly;

Something went BAD WRONG.................

Most of my apple trees have dropped their fruiting stems / future apples !

They fall off when I touch them. I'm sure this is due to a WRONG SPRAY I DID.
Weather has been almost all rain this year...

Permethrin, right after petal fall, along with Lime Sulfur and mixed with a little soap for surfactant.

Then I saw, 'Don't use after petal fall' on Permethrin labels. Oh no.... I thought Sevin was the only thinner.
So who was it; the LS, Perm, or Soap ?? All the leaves are fine and growing strong. (I also did Round Up, in the rows of trees. 2% mix of 41% Glyph.)

When I look this subject up, on the internet, there is never a CONCRETE REASON backed up with TEST DATA to support this statement. I hear 'un-clear' stories of mites... any connection? It looks too well-behaved / homogenous to be a BUG deal... is it?

DO ANY OF YOU KNOW FOR SURE WHY PERMETHRIN IS BAD AFTER PETAL FALL ?????

Me and my one apple per tree, thank you! I could hang myself...

Every other crop is fine... Samdal Elderberries in zone 4 DIE BACK to the Ground annualy. Don't do it.

Sambucus Canadensis, York and Nova kick ass. I'm bringing the Samdals down to Mass. to see if they grow.

So, diversity of crops is very important, in case you massacre one, like I just did.

Murph