[NAFEX] Honeyberry sweetness (sourness)

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Jun 14 22:49:11 EDT 2009

In this area, honeyberries (the Russian edible honeysuckle) blooms in
early to mid February.  Haskap blooms as much as two months later.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :
On Jun 14, 2009, at 6:25 PM, William C. Garthright wrote:

> As to ripening, Haskap ripens about with the earliest strawberries,
> sometimes a bit earlier. They bloom later, yes, but it's warmer when
> they do bloom which seems to speed development.

Oh, heck, that would be great, then. I don't know when the earliest
strawberries ripen, but mine start bearing in late May, and they're
easily the first fruit I get (besides rhubarb, if you consider that a
"fruit").

But if they bloom "months after" honeyberries, and still ripen by May,
honeyberries must REALLY bloom early!