[NAFEX] Honeyberry sweetness (sourness)

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sun Jun 14 21:25:06 EDT 2009

> As to ripening, Haskap ripens about with the earliest strawberries,
> sometimes a bit earlier. They bloom later, yes, but it's warmer when
> they do bloom which seems to speed development.

Oh, heck, that would be great, then. I don't know when the earliest
strawberries ripen, but mine start bearing in late May, and they're
easily the first fruit I get (besides rhubarb, if you consider that a
"fruit").

But if they bloom "months after" honeyberries, and still ripen by May,
honeyberries must REALLY bloom early!

Thanks for the info.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Revivals in religion, and revivals in the slave trade, go hand in hand
together. The church and the slave prison stand next to each other; the