[NAFEX] A melon for all ya up north

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 18:11:23 EDT 2009

I remember that article!
I'm pretty sure I wasn't a member of NAFEX quite that far back but, when
I joined, sometime in the 80s, I wanted more and ordered all available
back issues of Pomona. With that information, I ordered some "Early
Dawn" seeds and started growing melons. Over a period of years, I grew
it along with about 7 or 8 other kinds of muskmelons. (I tried some
watermelons too.) Early Dawn was always the best. I ordered the Early
Dawn seeds from Harris Seeds. The last time I looked, it was not in
their catalog.
Our growing season is so cool that even Early Dawn couldn't produce
without some extreme measures. I wrote, here, about how I did it some
time ago. It was a bit of work and I haven't taken the time to do it for
several years now. I'll try to post my method here later. Maybe later
this evening.

Steve in the Adirondacks