[NAFEX] Honeyberry sweetness (sourness)

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 13:53:18 EDT 2009

My honeyberries have been sweet so far, and are the varieties from Russia.  There can be a large difference between varieties.  I do leave them on the plant a long time, until they are soft and starting to fall off.

I can't wait for the newer varieties to become available, as this will be an excellent "new" fruit for many.

This year, no honeyberry crop here.  Think it was a pollination issue as it was very cold and wet while they were blooming.  Did not see any pollinators out (and looked form them at the time)  Birds got the few fruits that were set.

John