[NAFEX] deer eating persimmons?

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Thu Jun 11 15:17:04 EDT 2009

When we had goats running loose, we tried to plant some trees for shade on
the west side of the house.  We tried wrapping 2" chicken wire around the
trees, but the goats pushed the wire against the trees and pulled the leaves
right through the wire.  They eventually pushed the trees over and pretty
well demolished them.
    What the American suburbs need is some  way to convert live deer into
fresh meat without using dangerous projectiles.  How about deadfall traps?
Dangerous too perhaps, but at least the trap would stay in your own
backyard.  Nothing likes to die, and it's never a pretty sight to kill
things... but they sure taste good.    Donna