[NAFEX] melons

Raby, Brian brian.raby at roche.com
Wed Jun 10 13:53:08 EDT 2009

Here's my question to the melon growers.   I have had pretty good luck myself growing the cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkin, etc... What is frustrating to me is keeping down the weeds. When the plants are small and just starting off, you can go thru the garden with either hoe or tiller.  Once the vines get to spreading, "game over, man".

Mulching does no good for me cuz the weeds will grow right thru it.  Any suggestions?

Brian
Hortonville, IN
Zone 5/6