[NAFEX] Paw Paw seedlings

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 08:29:59 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/9/2009 4:38:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu writes:

> I see lots of new growth on young persimmons that has a ruddy to
> purplish cast - I can't recall noticing that feature on brand-new 1st
> year seedlings - but, maybe you got a couple of persimmon seeds in the mix
?

I agree with Lucky. I've not seen pawpaw seedlings, have many, with a
reddish tint. Persimmon yes and often. That reddish blush goes away when the
leaves mature. Are the pawpaw seedlings shaded?  I'd like to see a picture,
close-up. Are they shaded?

Jerry

Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at
your fingertips.