[NAFEX] growing melons

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:13:46 EDT 2009

I once installed a few of my fruit trees for a woman widely known for
growing unusual melons, many of them heirlooms.  She's written at least one
book on the subject and while I didn't find her widely knowledgeable about
horticulture in general she certainly is succesful growing a lot of wild
looking melons.  The most important part of her method was growing them over
black plastic which I think is almost essential from about zone 6 going
down.

OK Fluffy, that's not much, but it's all I got.

Harvested a half gallon of strawberries yesterday- yay.  Fruit is in season
again.