[NAFEX] Researching Agricultural History

John Henderson jhenderson at ithaca.edu
Tue Jun 9 16:52:45 EDT 2009

You can find a wealth of information from the old reports and
bulletins of the state agricultural experiment stations and
horticultural commissions. Many of them are available online through
Google Books: http://books.google.com/ . When you limit your search
to the "full view only" sources, you commonly get the materials that
are no longer protected by copyright, so that should include
materials that are a century old. I've found quite a lot from New
York State. I haven't tried California.

Try some different combinations of terms such as:
	fruit apples grapes [other fruits you are interested in]
	san francisco california
	experiment station bulletin

John Henderson
Sage Hen Farm