[NAFEX] Researching Agricultural History

Spidra Webster spidra at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 9 15:01:51 EDT 2009

Once upon a time the SF Bay Area grew loads & loads of fruit. I'm
interested in finding out what varieties used to be grown here but I
really don't know how to go about such research.  I assume such
records aren't just laying around at the public library. Should I be
trying to see if there are any century-old nurseries around that
still have records? Should I be talking to folks at UC Davis and
other ag departments?  I'm not even sure I have the time to do
obscure research like this but I think it would be really interesting
to find out. I

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA

CRFG, NAFEX: I'm in USDA Zone 9b