[NAFEX] Dead peaches???

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Mon Jun 8 09:50:59 EDT 2009

Toni Pralle wrote, "I spend all that time and water on them for years and
then they die without ever giving me a piece of fruit. How on earth do you
people who have orchards do it?"

    Some of we people who have orchards take the time and expense to have
our soil tested and fertilize as recommended.  Orchards that are stressed
from a lack of nutrition can't be expected to live long.
    Here in North Central Minnesota, I take several soil tests every year
for my one-acre orchard and the only plants I lose are those that are
intended for a warmer climate after being subjected to one of my severe
winters.
    Soil tests don't cost!  They pay!  Visitors to my orchard are just
flabbergasted at the amount of fruit this acre produces.  Mulching
everything with pine needles and having drip irrigation helps too.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: