[NAFEX] dividing peonies

Kevin Moore aleguy33 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 23:53:12 EDT 2009

The best time for dividing is usually spring and fall. however, since they are already out of the ground, you might as well do it when you're ready to replant. This is a "rule of thumb" and may not apply to peonies. I haven't seen them since i was a child in Iowa, so they really don't enter my sphere of concern. I'm sure others on the list can give you first-hand experience.