[NAFEX] Subject: Dead Peaches

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 20:51:55 EDT 2009

>Contender -  Reliance - Intrepid  all croaked last winter. Stiff. Crisp.
Dry. DEAD.
Kind of expected this, had to prove it.
2 Varieties put in this year will conclude my hardiness eval of peaches in
Z4. Veteran and PF 24C>

Yup. Here, too. The one I was hoping to save is a goner. The whole inside
appeared dead but there was green under the bark. Ditto for one pear and one
nectarine. And to top it all off, my volunteer elderberry has some globs of
orange speckles growing on it. If the speckles were black, I would think
mold but this is orange. I took some pictures but they're still in the
camera.
I spend all that time and water on them for years and then they die without
ever giving me a piece of fruit. How on earth do you people who have
orchards do it?
--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/