[NAFEX] cherries

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Sat Jun 6 18:24:01 EDT 2009

I went down to my woodland and looked at two Evans cherry I planted a
few years ago.  One has flowers and flower buds.  First I ever had.
The second tree died to the ground but has two suckers coming up from
the ground next to dead trunk.  I don't know if the suckers are Evans
or Mazzard cherry.  They have cherry leaves.    Anyone have Mazzard
cherry trees?   Supposedly they are zone 3.  How do the cherries
taste?  Recently I sent for two Evans grown on own roots but received
grafted trees.