[NAFEX] deer eating persimmons?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Jun 6 14:30:08 EDT 2009

I've observed the same thing.  I've never seen deer do more than taste
a persimmon leaf, then leave the tree alone.  My impression is that the
foliage contains the same sorts of astringent compounds that make the
unripe fruit so unpleasant.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :