[NAFEX] Spraying pears

Anton Callaway marillen at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 5 21:30:04 EDT 2009

Bill,

I've never used a fungicide on pears.  Like Donna, the most serious pest I've observed is fireblight.  Codling moth has been a problem on Asian pears and on some cultivars of Asian hybrids, so I might bag them in the future.  For whatever reason, I haven't seen significant codling moth damage on European pears.  Like Brooks Drain did in the '50's, I'm trying to deal with leafspot by selecting resistant cultivars.

Anton
Zone 8 (though the USDA map suggests 7/8 border)
Pie cherries ripening well.