[NAFEX] global warming........an observation that has nothingto do with science....

Sheridan Shumway rattler_mt at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 15:48:16 EDT 2009

my educational history leans heavily on geology.....im used to thinking on thinks of a slightly different time scale....we are still coming out of an ice age...there are parts of the earths crust that are still moving upwards in response to the great weight of the glaciers no longer pushing them down....as far as this earth is concerned it was a blink of an eye ago that there was about a quarter mile height of ice sitting apon the ground where i am currently at.....

im of the opinion that this stuff is going to change whether we all go back to living in caves or not....why? cause this planet has been in a constant state of change seance it was formed.....could we be speeding things up some? sure thats possible but unless yah want to wipe places like China and India off the map their aint much we can do about it cause they sure aint going to listen to us and grind their factories and such to a halt to save the environment....

i recycle, i use compact florescent lights, plan on putting in an on demand water heater when the one i have needs replacing....i do alot of stuff to help out a tad but its a drop of rain in the ocean in the scheme of things.....

as far as my gallows humor......i live in a place where the wrong choice on the road in winter can get me or my family killed...i hunt in areas where if something bad happens im likely atleast 4 or 5 hours from help and thats if someone is with me and we can get a cell phone signal.....also been near death enough times due to medical issues that the thought of dieing hasnt bugged me since i was 9....yeah ive got a dark seance of humor at times but on the scale of things i have to deal with the global warming stuff is pretty far down the list....its also supposed to snow here tomorrow night so yeah, as an off hand thought some of that global warming they have been promising me would be nice.....

Sheridan S.
northeast Montana
zone 3 or 4