[NAFEX] pruning blackberries

Ed Fackler ed.fackler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:56:02 EDT 2009

Betsy:

     Even though Mark (growyourown) appropriately referred to my BS skills,
a recent post indicated that those so-called erect varieties such as
Quachatia, Apache, Arapaho, etc. could be handled with tipping a 4' (do it
when they attain this size), I don't think the extremely vigorous varieties
like Triple Crown can be grown free standing.  I have Triple Crown here with
a single support (T post with bracing) and I tip them at around 6' - 6.5'
and this occurs here in late June.  I'm located in S. Ind. near the Ohio
River (which is near heaven!!).

ed