[NAFEX] Lapins Cherry

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Fri Jun 5 00:39:07 EDT 2009

On the Far North Garden Forum there is a picture of a Lapins Cherry
grafted to a pin cherry rootstock.  There is one great looking ripe
cherry in the picture.  I may be too suspicious but it looks a little
like the ripe cherry was stapled on.  Anyway, anyone have experience
using pin cherry as a rootstock?  I think I heard somewhere about pin
cherry rootstock.  I wonder if Evans cherry could be grafted on this
rootstock?  There are a lot of pin cherry trees growing about 100
miles South of me but I have never seen on growing here.  I have
never grafted cherries.

zone 2/3 Minnesota