[NAFEX] pruning blackberries

growyourown at earthlink.net growyourown at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 4 21:28:20 EDT 2009

    Last year while on a road trip with Ed Fackler and I think Lee Sharp?, we discussed pruning blackberries. They stated that you could prune blackberries at around 4 feet and wouldnt have to trellis them. Nourse recommends tip pruning around 42 inches. I must add I am talking about triple crown and wauchita.
   Now I know some folks on this list think Ed is the second coming and that is fine but by his own admission he is a bullshitter. So I am asking the rest of the list if they have used this method and if so what are the pros and cons. One obvious one would be you wouldnt have to waste time and money on trellising.

Mark