[NAFEX] aronia products for sale ?

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Wed Jun 3 23:29:23 EDT 2009

mIEKAL,
Whatever you do, don't just throw that wine out.  Save it and make some boring non-astringent wine to blend with it.  Peach is a very good example, we discovered years ago that wine just from peaches was missing astringency unless we added 2-3 teabags per gallon.  Apples that are merely sweet or sweet and tart but not complex in flavor would work also.  Plums, blackberries and grapes would NOT be suitable, as they have their own nicely balanced astringency.  You'll probably want 2 gallons of bland wine for each of the Aronia stuff, 8 gallons.  You'll definitely have enough for a party then.    Donna