[NAFEX] Pollarding a mulberry and tree decapitation [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ADAMSON, Karl Karl.Adamson at apvma.gov.au
Wed Jun 3 21:09:17 EDT 2009

I've seen oaks forests in England that were once cultivated as pollards
(here I mean a pollard is just a coppice above ground level).  The main
trunk having been cut at about 6-12ft above ground level, they were very
old trees.

In Asia mulberry are commonly kept as coppices for the production of
both silk worm and stock fodder.

Karl

IMPORTANT:   This email may contain confidential or privileged information.  If
you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of this
email or any attachment.   If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
transmission.