[NAFEX] Strawberry sun scald or fungus?

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Mon Jun 1 18:43:07 EDT 2009

> When's the last time you moved your strawberry patch?  Strawberries do like rotation, and you can get disease problems if they stay in one place too long.

I didn't plant them until the spring of 2006, so they haven't been there
too long. But as crowded as my yard is with fruit trees, I'd have
trouble moving them anywhere else. Well, no doubt I'd make room if I
absolutely had to.

I do mow them off after they bear, and I usually remove half of them
then. But considering how hot and dry it is here by then, they don't
spread out very uniformly. I normally just end up living with whatever
they decide to do. :-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The story of a theory's failure often strikes readers as sad and
unsatisfying. Since science thrives on self-correction, we who practice