[NAFEX] Watering strawberries/drip irrigation

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Mon Jun 1 18:36:52 EDT 2009

> Strawberries perform best with drip irrigation.

Thanks for the info, Jim. I did try drip irrigation the first year I had
strawberries (I just planted these in 2006), but it didn't work out very
well. The drip hose I used didn't last even one season before springing
leaks, though that might be because I had the water pressure too high.
And it was a mess to remove again when the strawberries spread.

We'll see. I might try it again. But so far, I'm not having a big
problem (and even 750 ft. of hose is far, far more than I could use).

Thanks again,

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Reason shapes the future, but superstition infects the present. - Iain
M. Banks