[NAFEX] Calcium, buffers and Imidan

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:28:37 EDT 2009

Thanks Ed, that was helpful in that it reaffirmed what I've suspected about
the reliability of calcium sprays- that's why I didn't have any around (not
needed in most home orchard siturations).  The reason I'm asking the
question is more curiosity about the chemistry of having foliar absorbable
calcium that doesn't drive the pH of the mix through the roof- it certainly
is counter-intuitive that it does not.

The label of Imidan shows a pretty impressive drop in potency with very
mildly alkaline water.  Especially if you are spraying a few different sites
and it has to sit in the tank.