[NAFEX] calcium, buffers and Imidan

Ed Fackler ed.fackler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:46:06 EDT 2009

Alan:

     For a few seasons I used a liquid formulation of calicum and it did NOT
drive up the pH (at least to a point of where there was a problem mixing
pesticides with it).

     The single reason why I quit using it is that I found that foliar
applications of CA did little good in many seasons (especially those which
had more than normal rain/less sunlight).  Or an annual ground application
of pelletized CA (late fall applied or very early spring) worked much better
in dealing with related deficiencies.  And it is relatively inexpensive.

ed....hope this helps