[NAFEX] beaked hazelnuts

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Jul 30 16:50:24 EDT 2009

The native hazelnuts here in Oregon are a type of beaked hazel.  I
don't intentionally grow them, but they're all over the property.  The
nuts are small, with thick shells, and it's very hard to beat the birds
and squirrels to them.  It happens that this is an "on" year, so
there's a large number of nuts this year.  Found one that looks to be a
cross with the cultivated hazelnuts grown here.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :