[NAFEX] Saskatoons

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Jul 30 00:41:08 EDT 2009

The local species in western Oregon are Amelanchier alnifolia, A.
florida, and A. canadensis.  The difference is that they are local
races/biotypes adapted to this area, and have been selected for
resistance to the local diseases.  If you do some exploring you should
be able to find local Amelanchier that is adapted to your locale.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :