[NAFEX] Cclimate, weather and fruit

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Wed Jul 29 23:36:48 EDT 2009

Kathryn wrote:

For the last 2 years I have religously picked up the drops under my (2)
apple trees daily.  Last year they were as maggotty as ever, but this year
they look pretty good.  I thought it must be due to the ground under the
trees being clean.  Maybe it's just a fluke of weather.
Kathryn Mathews
Northfield, MN
zone 4

This year the curculio were very much slowed by the cool rainy weather, I
had some hope of the Japanese plums finishing a decent crop in spite of the
huge curculio population created by last year's big crop.  Alas, the weather
changed and it only took a few hot dry days here and there for the curculio
to make up for lost time.  Donna