[NAFEX] early blight

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:30:27 EDT 2009

Thanks Michael.  I always wondered whether I had late or early blight-
although not enough to research it.  Tomatoes only get so much of my time
and I'm not paid to manage them.  I would have guessed I had late blight
because until this year it has come later in the season.  I expect these
fungal diseases to be self descriptive- what with black-knot, fly-speck,
sooty blotch and scab being such a part of my world.

Turns out my tomato nemesis must be early blight as the death is pretty
gradual and the plants don't turn to mush.  The disease does sometimes stop
plants from producing a single tomato, however, especially this year.  They
were barely worth the effort of planting this time around.