[NAFEX] Saskatoons

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Jul 27 19:55:08 EDT 2009

	I picked a couple gallons of Serviceberries  (saskatoons to you) this
year from a local seedling in our back field here in Oregon.  We made
some pies from them that I'd stack up against a lot of  other fruits.
	I've said this so many times I'm sure others are tired of it, but the
Canadian selections just don't cut it here - they get lots of rust and
their growth cycle doesn't fit our locale.  The genus is so widespread
there should be good selections adapted to lots of places if people
would go out and look for them.   I didn't even have to go off my
property to find two good selections.
-Lon Rombough
http://www.bunchgrapes.com