[NAFEX] tomato blight

Lee Reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Mon Jul 27 10:26:35 EDT 2009

Alan,

Late blight does not always strike in the northeast because, except in
diseased potato tubers, it does not overwinter here. It gets here via
infected plants or, when weather conditions (cool and rainy) are just
right for it to hopscotch here from the south, where it does
overwinter. It very well could have (and probably did) get a start
here on some tomato plants at big box stores, then hopscotched around
from gardens to farms, etc.

Lee Reich, PhD
http://www.leereich.com/
http://leereich.blogspot.com/