[NAFEX] fruit

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Sun Jul 26 17:50:10 EDT 2009

It has been cool and rainy here.  Plenty of moisture in ground and
everything is growing furiously.   A bumper crop of red raspberries
is ripening.  Some black and purple raspberries are also ripening.
None of my four pear trees have any pears.  Four of my apple trees
died in the winter.  Too cold.  Fruit trees here in zone 2 often have
short lives.  My wife and I were driving and a suicide deer jumped
out of the deep ditch and smashed in the hood.  Deer really are
hoofed rats.  They wreck many cars and destroy crops.  These kamikaze
deer see a car coming and they time their suicidal dash to hit the
car in the middle of the grill.  They don't jump behind your car or
loop out in front.  They hide down low so you usually first see them
when they hit the car.
If they slide up the hood and through the windshield, that could be
the end of you.  I have seen two men killed by deer going through
their windshields.