[NAFEX] California's screwed tree crops

Mark Dorogi mddorogi at comcast.net
Sat Jul 25 11:08:08 EDT 2009

It's a little more than that:  8 gigatons/year in 2006, which is about 22
million tons per day.  Total atmospheric CO2 is about 3000 gigatons, so even
at 22 megatons/day, our yearly emissions are small on the one hand (0.3% of
atmospheric content), but large enough to overcome the usual carbon sinks,
and hence allow the atmospheric concentration to increase over time.

Mark